We’re so excited to announce our competition in collaboration with The Little Book of Dreams to give 3 lucky winners the chance to win their very own book along with a pair of Soak&Sleep cashmere socks!
- Head over to our twitter page and see our pinned post.
- Retweet the post and then follow both Soak&Sleep and Summersdale on twitter.
- The competition closes on Monday 20th August at midnight.
T&C’s can be found at the bottom of this post.
Have you ever woken from a dream so mysterious it leaves you wondering how on earth your mind created it? Well, it’s more than likely our mysterious story lines do have a significant link to our everyday lives as dreams can uncover aspects of our hidden psyche, unearthing memories and experiences.
The Little Book of Dreams, written by Lizzie Cornwall, is packed full of suggestions about what our dreams might mean, helping resolve connected issues or celebrate joys in our waking lives. What’s more, this book is filled with interesting sleep facts to help guide readers who wish to dream more frequently or learn more about dreams.
This dainty little book is perfect for on-the-go reading, great for overnight stays or keeping by the bedside. Filled with heart-warming quotes and thought-provoking facts, The Little Book of Dreams is a must-have!
So let’s find out a little more about the book and its author, Lizzie…
Early riser or night owl?
Early riser – I have small children 🙂
My morning ‘wake up’ essentials are…
Coffee in my mushroom-patterned mug, my dream diary so I can record any dreams that I can remember, and a sun salutation (if I have time!).
My must-have for the best night’s sleep is…
A walk around the garden to see what’s growing, once the children are tucked up.
If I could sleep anywhere it would be…
In a treehouse – I’ve always wanted to try that!
What was the inspiration behind writing The Little Book of Dreams?
Dreams have fuelled my creativity all my life – I write and paint – and I wanted to research their meanings especially the recurrent dreams.
How do you switch off from writing at the end of the day?
I only write in short bursts due to the demands of being a mum, but I like to paint or potter in the garden.
What’s been your favourite dream?
I like the more surreal ones – like meeting talking peacocks or living in houses made of cake – I think it might be the bedtime stories I read to my children that have fuelled these dreams!
There are lots of quotes in your book (which we love!) which is your favourite?
Thank you very much! I’m a big fan of Emily Brontë and I love the sentiment of her quote – that her dreams stay with her and have altered her thinking. It makes you wonder how much her dreams have influenced her writing – perhaps Heathcliff first appeared to her in a dream!
Thank you for answering our Q&A Lizzie and an even bigger thank you for producing this incredible Little Book of Dreams!
T&C’S For this competition…
- This competition is running from Monday 6th August and closing at midnight on Monday 20th August.
- There are three prizes on offer, for three winners. Each chosen winner will be gifted a copy of ‘The Little Book of Dreams’ and a pair of Soak&Sleep cashmere socks.
- The winners will be contacted by midday on Tuesday 21st August.
- This competition is open to UK and non-UK-residents aged 18 years or over. However, the prize recipients must be UK residents. If you are a non-UK resident, your participation will be bound by UK law.
- Once entered into the competition all participants will be deemed to have accepted, and be bound by, these terms and conditions, and by any other requirements set out in the promotional material as if they were set out in these terms and conditions.
- There is no cash (or other) alternative in whole or in part for any of the prizes.
- Upon the selection of a winner, Soak&Sleep Ltd will contact them via Twitter. The winner must respond to this email within 5 working days (Tuesday 28th August) in order to claim their prize and arrange delivery.
- If a selected winner does not reply within the timeframes outlined, they will forfeit their prize and we will have no choice but to select an alternative winner, who will be subject to the same time frames.
- The Promoters have the right to disqualify any entry not made in accordance with these terms and conditions or which it has reason to believe has been made in bad faith. Third party or bulk entries will be excluded from the competition. No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are not received by the Promoter.
- The Promoters reserve the right to withdraw, amend or temporarily suspend the promotion in its absolute discretion, provided that it shall not exercise this right unreasonably.