Brr, isn’t it cold at the moment? With all the dark winter mornings, the ice that’s impossible to scrape off our car windows and the snow that’s soon predicted to forecast, e understand it can be bone-chilling at times.
So if you’re still struggling to keep warm, don’t just lay there shivering – ‘Wrap up!’and read on and check out our ‘Soak&Sleep – top tips’ for keeping nice and toasty.
Be a Duvet King
To duvet or not to duvet, that is the question. Choosing a duvet with a high enough tog rating that suits your personal sleep requirements is essential to improve your night of slumber. If you’re looking for a duvet to get you through the coolest of months, or if you just wish to play it safe and be covered all year round, then we highly recommend either our ‘13.5 tog’ or ‘all seasons’ duvets to ‘wrap up’ warm. Looking for something a bit more bespoke? Then use our ‘Build a tog’ service, which allows you to connect our duvets with buttons, ties or our clever cufflink system. Letting you create a personalised all seasons duvet for year round sleeping.
But what ‘type of duvet fills’ do I go for you may ask? Fear not, as here at Soak&Sleep we offer the following unique ‘types of duvet fills’ that will most certainly make you look twice this winter:
- Anti Allergy – To make life that little bit nicer for allergy sufferers.
- Feather & Down – Warm, snuggly and breathable, they are the superstars of duvets.
- Luxury Silk – Breathable, temperature regulating and luxury quality that will keep you feeling fresh at night.
- Wool – The finest natural stuffed wool, proven to give up to 25% more REM sleep.
- Synthetic – A hollowfibre, polyester duvet for a springier, lofty feeling.
To show your duvet some love every morning, follow these two easy steps:
- Give it a good shake – This redistributes the filling and helps it recover.
- Pull back the covers – Airing your bed lets the fibres breathe and allows moisture to evaporate.
The Power of your Pillows
Your pillow can make or break your sleep, so be sure to invest in one that doesn’t leave you lying awake counting sheep!
Supporting your head in the right way is the key to getting a better night’s sleep. To reinforce your dose to dreamland, follow these three easy steps:
- Natural or Synthetic? – Choose the right pillow depending on how you sleep (are you a front, back or sleep on your front kind of sleeper?) and whether you have any allergy problems.
- What’s right for you? – Make sure you have the right firmness to suit your head (Soft / Medium / Firm).
- Size is everything – Make sure you have the right size, as this will usually depend on what size bed you have.
Pillows are also great to help insulate your bed with, so create a cosy environment this winter by using a mixture of standard and square sized pillows. Read more in our Pillow Buying guide.
Much like you change your wardrobe with the season, you also should swap out your bedding. When temperatures start to drop, there’s nothing like snuggling up in warm winter bedding to thaw you out, help you relax and boost your mood.
Add warm blankets, winter throws and bedspreads for your snuggest night’s sleep yet.
Luxury Cotton Waffle Bedspread – Best SellingTweedmill Throws – New Range
Floral & Palm Leaf Bedspreads – Coming Soon
Multiple layers mean you can add or take them away so you’re always at the perfect temperature to dose off and drift away.
Finishing cosy touches
After a long day, it’s now time to unwind and relax. When you get out of the bath, be sure to wrap up in our new bathrobes and towels that are perfect for lazing around at home. Then add a pair of cashmere socks and sheepskin slippers, to warm up those feet in no time! Finally, for an additional cosy touch, lay back and shut out the world with out our ‘Luxury Mulberry Silk’ eye masks.
We hope this blog has helped spark some ideas for how you can ‘wrap up’ warm this winter. If you’ve got any of your own tips, then feel free to leave them down in the comments below. Do you have a friend that can never stay warm? Why not share this with them?